[j-nsp] 32-Bit JunOS on the 64-Bit Routing Engines

Hannes Viertel hannes at the-cake-is-a-lie.org
Thu Aug 25 02:47:41 EDT 2011

Hi Keegan,

i cannot confirm the 250M routes. What has been tested are 21m bgp v4 Prefixes in a simple "load it up" test.

Basically the imminent scaling improvements on this type of RE come from the change of the memory maps ( kernel can grow beyond 1 gb, and process memory is now upto 3 gb with a maximum deamon size of 2gb ).

hope that helps

/hannes