[j-nsp] Multihome SRX650 2 default routes

Daniel M Daloia Jr daniel.daloia at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 14:07:17 EDT 2011

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to install 2 BGP default routes from 2 ISPs to provide load balancing with an SRX650 cluster? Both ISPs are same speed. I was thinking this may be possible with importing the routes into inet.0 from separate virtual routers which have the interfaces facing the 2 ISPs in them, but the ISP interfaces would have to be in separate security zones which wouldn't agree with the security policy and NAT. Anyone have any ideas or can point me to some documentation that will help? I suppose I can buy a separate set of routers to run BGP and use an IGP to load balance, but doing it with the single cluster would be nice.

Thanks!