[j-nsp] load balancing in Route reflector scenario

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 30 06:36:35 EDT 2011

On Thursday, August 11, 2011 04:02:13 AM Zaid Hammoudi
wrote:

> Keegan,
>
> Look into add-path, something that is not supported in
> JUNOS yet, but will be sometime this year.
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-walton-bgp-add-paths-06
>

> http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog48/presentations/Tuesd
> ay/Ward_AddPath_N48.pdf
>

> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/whitepapers/200034
> 5-en.pdf

Earlier on this year, we really needed this feature but only
realized that it was still under IETF development, and
hadn't even been considered for reasonable development by
the vendors.

We ended up working within the natural constraints of MPLS
and IP to get what we wanted, but think the BGP Add Paths
feature would certainly come in very handy due to some of
the information hiding route reflectors introduce.

Cheers,

Mark.