[j-nsp] In Search of the Optimal RE Protect Filter - A Journey

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 30 12:07:41 EDT 2011

On Friday, August 26, 2011 11:38:25 PM Clarke Morledge
wrote:

> I would love to be proven wrong on this, but I do not
> think you can use "family any" filters on the lo0
> interface.    You can only use "family inet" filters,
> and presumably you could use "family inet6" (haven't
> tested that).

'family inet6' filters work for the most part on the
Loopback interface. We just have some issues using v6
filters on VLAN interfaces in the egress direction on the
EX4200.

Likely a restriction unique to the EX4200. This is Junos
10.4R4.5.

Cheers,

Mark.