[j-nsp] Running OSPF to manage loopbacks, only have trunks

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:32:12 EDT 2011

Thats sort of what I'm expecting. My core is two 8208's running in the same
L2 domain with a trunk between them, and they each connect down to a switch
per cabinet. So switch A cabinet 1 is connected to core-A and switch B in
cabinet 1 is connected to core-B. The machines run bonding and have a drop
on each cabinet switch (which are also trunked over a lag together) so I was
assuming that only one of the cabinet switches will actually have link to
the core at any given time, and the center trunk on the cabinet switches
will always be active, allowing the switch without link to still communicate
through the lag. We don't use RSTP on a vlan basis, but I don't think I have
the need.

Thanks!
Morgan