[j-nsp] PIM neighbor not coming up on MVPN

Jose María Carrera jmcarrera at telecable.com
Thu Dec 1 02:27:01 EST 2011

Hello there

Thanks for your responses. Very much appreciated

>> Rosen or BGP-signalled MVPN?
1) This is BGP-Signalled MVPN. See the full bgp config below

group ibgp-mvpn {
        type internal;
        local-address #######;
        log-updown;
        family inet-vpn {
            unicast;
            multicast;
        }
        family l2vpn {
            signaling;
        }
        family inet-mvpn {
            signaling;
        }
        authentication-key "$9$cVsSv87-Vg4JWLaUDif5Qz36/C"; ## SECRET-DATA
        neighbor ########;
        neighbor ########;
    }
>> If BGP-signalled, what type of provider tunnel?
2) provider-tunnel {
    pim-asm {
        group-address 224.1.1.1;
    }
}
Which PIM neighbor is not coming up?
3) PIM neighbour should be established between PE1 and PE2 isn't?

PIM protocol is enabled on

*PE1:
 -in the routing instance MCAST (which carries MCAST traffic) which includes a loopback address specifically created for this --> neighbour's not up
 -in the GRD, on the link towards P1 --> neighbour's up

*P1:
-in the inet.0, on the link towards P2--> neighbour's up

*P2:
-in the inet.0, on the link towards PE2 --> neighbour's up

*PE2
-in the inet.0, on the link towards P2 --> neighbour's up
-in the routing instance MCAST (which carries MCAST traffic) which has a loopback address specifically created for this--> neighbour's not up
-on the link towards RP--> neighbour's up

Again, thanks a lot for your help

BR
/Jose Maria