[j-nsp] PIM neighbor not coming up on MVPN

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Dec 3 04:16:32 EST 2011

On Thursday, December 01, 2011 03:27:01 PM Jose María
Carrera wrote:

> 1) This is BGP-Signalled MVPN. See the full bgp config
> below

I haven't used NG-MVPN with a PIM/GRE control and data plane
as well, but I'm curious - since you're already using NG-
MVPN where PIM mecahnisms are handled in BGP, why are you
adding PIM and GRE? For me, that would be redundant and
unnecessary overhead.

Or is the use of MPLS as a data plane not an option? If so,
then I can understand.

But your call :-).

Cheers,

Mark.