[j-nsp] Difference MX DPC-R / DPCE-R

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Mon Dec 12 11:42:22 EST 2011

You can find the details on the juniper website.  Off the top of my head I
know there are fewer queues and you can't do layer-2 and layer-3 services
on the same blade.  There's a DPC-S that is layer 2 only.  In general you
should consider the non-e legacy.  I believe they might even be end of life
by now.  The DPC-E's are eventually going to be superseded by the MPC
because of the trio chipsets, but there will be several years before they
are dropped, if ever.