[j-nsp] Difference MX DPC-R / DPCE-R

Bill Blackford bblackford at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:22:29 EST 2011

>> Hello list,
>>
>> can anyone name the major differences between those modules? DPC are
>> becoming available in the used market for small money and I am wondering if
>> a DPC non-E is good enough for a classical access router environment with
>> 30.000+ ARP entries and a growing number of IPv6 neighbours but nothing
>> fancy overall.
>> Since it's hard to find any facts about this:
>>
>> - does it matter memory-wise if the requirements above are applied to just
>> one routed port or to multiple switched/routed ports?
>> - do bundled links still double the amount of memory required?
>>

>> Thanks!

Your Juniper SE could provide details. My guess is that is has to do
with the chipset, specifics of which I don't know. Given the naming
convention of the M series FPC for example, M320-FPC2-E2 (LMNR) vs.
the E3 (I-Chip), it stands to reason that Juniper would follow a
simliar convention with the MX series cards.

-b