[j-nsp] Juniper MPLS VPN using PE-P and P-PE LSPs !

Johannes Resch jr at xor.at
Tue Dec 27 04:03:06 EST 2011

On 26.12.2011 16:49, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Monday, December 26, 2011 11:23:38 PM vaibhava varma
> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering whether mLDP with Junos has been out of
>> roadmap and now ready for field deployment ?
>
> mLDP showed up in Junos 11.2:
>
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.2/topics/example/mcast-
> mbgp-mvpn-ldp.html

FWIW, we're using NG-MVPN based on mLDP with 11.2 in production (MX/T).
Works well so far, but of course there are caveats, particularly on the
HA side - missing NSR/ISSU support, missing link-protection etc.
And, still no NSR/ISSU support for the NG-MVPN BGP AFI :/ That is not
specific to mLDP, though.

11.2 releases prior to 11.2R4 have quite a few nasty NG-MVPN PIM bugs,
would recommend to stay away of those.

cheers,
-jr

PS: we have ERs open to cover all the missing HA NG-MVPN/mLDP points. If
anyone else is interested in those features, drop me a mail. Might be
possible to speed up implementation if more customer demand can be
demonstrated to Juniper..