[j-nsp] selective NATing

David B Funk dbfunk at engineering.uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 1 02:39:09 EST 2011

We have a m120 running 10.0R4.7 which is being used as an edge-router for
our group. It has a single link connected to the campus backbone
which is its path to off-campus nets. There are multiple leaf subnets
behind this m120.

Our campus IT group has picked a rfc1918 net to be used as a campus-scope
net (172.30/16) and I have been allocated a subset of that space.

I would like to configure selective NATing on a given subnet.
IE for local subnet 172.30.70/24 if the destination is a campus address
don't translate, if it's an off-campus address then NAT it to a routeable
address.

I tried setting up a routing instance and next-hop-service nat but
couldn't make it work.

Can somebody please point me at relevant documentation or some examples.

Thanks.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>