[j-nsp] fxp0 configuration under groups.

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Tue Feb 1 17:37:36 EST 2011

Hi.

I have the MX setup with fxp0 that is attached to RE0 as a
regular interface with an IP.

I was wanting to setup redundant RE's so following Juniper's
documentation it shows:

set groups re0
edit groups re0
set system host-name <name>
set interfaces fxp0 unit 0 family inet address <address/mask>

As I am 100 miles away from this box, if I set interfaces under the
groups, will it move the fxp0 I am using now on RE0 to the group and
kill my connectivity?

I should probably only do this locally as I have used commit confirmed 2
a few times as I have managed to lock myself out of the router twice now.

Thanks,
Keith