[j-nsp] general guidelines for installing JUNOS to RE, where HDD and CF are blank

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Feb 11 05:14:41 EST 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) wrote:
> I doubt the PCMCIA Adapter is the problem. I guess its the CF....maybe
> its too new. I know about serveral newer CF cards not working in RE2/3.
> Try to get a regular SanDisk 1GB+ CF. (not the Ultra/Extreme models).
> This should work.

Thanks for providing the soapbox ;-).  Extreme model worked for us on
RE3.0 fine, except that its performance is too good.  Juniper RE CPU
gets overloaded when writing an image on it and it drops BGP sessions
etc. This is not a bug according to JTAC. Be aware if you ever need to
do CF flashing on live equipment :P