[j-nsp] Dedicated LSP for VPLS traffic

Gökhan Gümüş ggumus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 08:09:47 EST 2011

Hi all,

It might be a silly question but i have a problem with mapping an LSP for
specific VPN traffic.

We have 3 PE routers and running Layer3 VPN between them by using RSVP LSPs.
We have also one VPLS customer between those routers.
What i want to achieve is to map that VPLS traffic on a specific LSP and to
prevent other L3 VPN traffic to use it.
Firstly i created a dedicated LSPs with higher preference which make them
not active for all other L3 VPN traffic.
And then i configured a policy with install next-hop lsp config with
matching VPLS community.
So far so good...But my VPLS traffic is still choosing other LSPs because of
lower preference values.

Question 1: Is this really required to keep preference values identical?
Question 2: If it is really required, how can i prevent other L3 VPN traffic
to use my VPLS dedicated MPLS LSP?

Thanks and regards,
Gokhan Gumus