[j-nsp] Qfabric

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 00:14:42 EST 2011

We are deploying nexus kit at this point as it meets our needs. Vpc concepts
brings fully active forwarding paths to all links just in a different way.

Being able to manage a fabric from a single control plane has its positives
but also has huge negatives. Having a single control plane for the whole dc
reduces you to one fault, one change and one risk domain.. all can bring
very bad consequences. This is why I'd like to see a smaller fabric offering
so that I can build the same solution just on a smaller scale without having
to waste the space the current interconnect requires.. tiers are not a bad
thing..

The new fabric topologies are very interesting and will bring design changes
i'm sure..
On Feb 23, 2011 9:04 PM, "Stefan Fouant" <sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net>