[j-nsp] Qfabric

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Thu Feb 24 10:13:47 EST 2011

Chris,

I couldn't agree with you more wholeheartedly - and apparently the
developers at Juniper are also of similar mindset.

Basically, the control plane services are provided by the QF/Director,
QF/Node, and the  QF/Interconnect devices in the QFabric architecture.  This
is a highly distributed system which actually consists of redundant control
planes (fully independent so as to eliminate fate-sharing mind you) and
redundant components within each control plane.  The distributed nature of
this implementation provides tremendous reliability since it eliminates any
single point of failure in the system.

Hope that helps to clarify things a bit more. There is a tremendous amount
of information which can be found in the whitepapers, I would suggest
reading them if you want to learn more about the QFabric architecture.

Best Regards,

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2
 <http://www.shortestpathfirst.net/> www.shortestpathfirst.net