[j-nsp] M7i IQ2 tpid translation or tag manipulation

Kevin Wormington kworm at sofnet.com
Thu Feb 24 19:16:23 EST 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to take in q-in-q traffic with outer tpid 0x9100 on an iq2 gige
interface and be able to make a cross-connect (layer 2) to another iq2 gige interface but using tpid
0x8100 on the outer tag?  Or, alternatively, strip/rewrite the 0x9100 outer tag and send it out
same/another iq2 interface?

I have been able to terminate q-in-q traffic with different tpids but got the idea that I might be
able to use the box to translate between different carriers tpids.

Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin