[j-nsp] Required books/resources to pass Juniper exams

Jared Gull jmgull at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 09:42:30 EST 2011

Hi Gokhan,

Much of the study material needed for both of these certification tests is available free of charge through the fast track on Juniper's web site. The exception would be some MX-specific switching topics as well as some VPLS material. In addition to supporting CBTs and study guides you can also find free practice and assessment tests through the fast track. One note, the enterprise routing study guide (available through the fast track) is also applicable to the service provider routing topics covered in the JNCIS-SP. This material is based on the Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) course, which is a recommended course for the JNCIS-ENT as well as the JNCIS-SP.

Also, keep in mind that all topics covered within a given certification test are outlined on the web, which means you could also use technical publications, rfcs, white papers, etc. to help you prepare for your tests.

The test outlines for JNCIA-JUNOS and JNCIS-SP are below:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jnciajunos.html

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jncissp.html

Hope this information helps.

Jared