[j-nsp] Re-write rule for GRE interface

Shiva Shankar shankarks at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:59:58 EST 2011

Hi All, I'm trying to mark the DSCP value on a GRE packet, so that the telco
can handle as per our contracted services. I've tried
'copy-tos-to-outer-ip-header', but it doesn't work as the inner datagram of
a GRE packet is a MPLS datagram.
Here, how it looks on the wire (found using packet capture)

Frame>>>Ethernet II header >>> IP packet >>> GRE header >>> MPLS header >>>
origianl IP packet with data

A Layer 3 VPN packet while leaving the local PE to remote PE, uses GRE
interface which has LDP enabled.

I've tried even applying dscp rewrite rules, but it doesn't work. Any ideas.

Thanks
Shiva