[j-nsp] Re-write rule for GRE interface

Shiva Shankar shankarks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:12:14 EST 2011

Hi All, Thanks for the reply. Platform is M7i, and the junos is 9.3

What i want to achieve is marking all the traffic leaving this GRE interface
with a particular DSCP value, say EF. The content of the GRE packet is a
layer 3 vpn datagram (IP datagram inside a MPLS packet)...

here's the o/p: (i've tried using dscp marking for the GRE interface, but
its always set as 00)

Router <Manager at head-end-PE1>> show class-of-service interface gr-1/2/0
Physical interface: gr-1/2/0, Index: 132
Queues supported: 4, Queues in use: 4
  Scheduler map: bfin-cos, Index: 22125
  Chassis scheduler map: bfin-cos, Index: 22125
  Logical interface: gr-1/2/0.0, Index: 66
    Object                  Name                   Type
    Rewrite                 mark-dscp              dscp
55103
    Rewrite                 exp-default            exp
(mpls-any)             33
    Classifier              exp-default
exp                        10
    Classifier              ipprec-compatibility
ip                         13
Here's the config of the interface:
Manager at head-end-PE1> ...s-of-service interfaces gr-1/2/0

scheduler-map smap-cos;
unit 0 {
    rewrite-rules {
        dscp mark-dscp;
    }
}

Router <Manager at head-end-PE1>> ...-service rewrite-rules dscp
mark-dscp
forwarding-class be {
    loss-priority low code-point be;
    loss-priority high code-point cs3;