[j-nsp] Anycast

Johan Borch johan.borch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 13:45:58 EST 2011

Hi,

This is not a specific Juniper question, but there seems to be a lot for
knowledge on this list so I will give it a shoot :)

Would web traffic be suitable to use with anycasting? The applications in
question is a standard website with database backend that I need to load
balance (active-active) between multiple sites. I've never worked with
anycast before but as I understand it the anycast-part is merely me
announcing the server addresses from multiple sites in my IGP?

Regards
Johan