[j-nsp] SIGVTALRM on J-series router

Mark Price mprice at tqhosting.com
Sat Jan 29 19:22:03 EST 2011

Hi,  I have a J4350 router with 2GB of RAM.  Out of the blue, the
router stopped passing traffic on multiple interfaces.

I was able to correlate the time it happened with these messages in
/var/log/dcd.  It seems to be some type of hardware event but I can't
find any documentation or other info on the cause of this issue.  A
reboot of the router causes everything to go back to normal, for at
least a few days.  This error has happened a few times.

Any insight on how to further troubleshoot or identify the cause of
the error would be appreciated.

-- /var/log/dcd --
Jan 29 06:39:10 Received SIGVTALRM, starting mini-parse.
Jan 29 06:39:10 Pending overlay config request now being serviced.
Jan 29 06:39:10 New phase is CONFIG_MINI
Jan 29 06:39:10 New phase is IDLE
Jan 29 06:39:10 Going idle, 2 sync writes, 0 sync reads, 1 ifstate
msgs, 1 ifstate reads, 0 rtb msgs, 0 rtb reads, 0 mesh group msgs, 0
mesh group reads, 7280 usec
-- end log --

No other log files were written to at the time of the error.

--
Mark