[j-nsp] EX-4200 Virtual Chassis Pbm

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:43:23 EDT 2011

Hi Roland,

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:44 PM, roland DROUAL
<roland.droual at paris.iufm.fr> wrote:
> I'm a beginner with Junos.
> I'm trying to do a Virtual Chassis with two EX4200-24F.
> All seem right.
> In cli mode, I can see the interfaces from the master, but I can't see the
> interfaces from the backup switch, starting from ge-1/0/0 until ge-1/0/24 .
> Is somebody can help me ?
[...]

Your interfaces are almost certainly there; they're just not configured yet.

It's a bit confusing -- by default, the interfaces from the first
switch only in the VC appear in the configuration explicitly. On
SFP-based interfaces, JUNOS only creates the interface upon insertion
of a transceiver.

If you run 'show interfaces terse' you should see ge-1/0/0 through
ge-1/0/23  **as long as those ports have SFPs inserted **. Just go
ahead and apply configuration to them. JUNOS isn't like IOS in the way
that physical interfaces are always visible in the configuration.

I usually do a 'wildcard delete ge-*' on a new switch, then set up
interface-range statements or apply configuration only to interfaces
that need it.

Cheers,
Dale
PS: you've got a ge-0/0/24 in your configuration which doesn't actually exist.