[j-nsp] EX-4200 Virtual Chassis Pbm

roland DROUAL roland.droual at paris.iufm.fr
Thu Jul 7 08:21:41 EDT 2011

On my "Dashboard page", All seem normal
I can see a picture with the two EX 4200 Series

In "System Information" part, I can see
Inventory Details  : 2 FPCs

In "Capacity Utilization" part, I can see
Number of Active ports                   3
*Total number of ports                 48*
Used-up MAC-Table entries          64
Supported Mac-Table entries   24000
Number of VLANs configured        22
Number of VLANs supported     4095

And on my "Configure" , "Monitor" , "Maintain" or "Troubleshoot" pages,
I can see the interfaces from the 2 switchs,
these one beginning by ge-0/0/ , and these one beginning by ge-1/0/

all the interfaces with a SFP transceiver have their Administrative
Status "Up"
all others are invisible
all interfaces with SFP transceiver and  connected have their Link
Status "Up";
all interfaces with SFP transceiver and not connected have their Link
Status "Down";

********
I understood I had to configure all my interfaces.
The interfaces of the switch backup wasn't configured , so they didn't
appear with the command : # show interfaces
Now they are configured, I can see all the 48 interfaces ( ge-0/  and
ge-1/ ) with the command # show interfaces
And I can see only interfaces with a transceiver, with the command : #
run show interfaces terse

Thanks a lot  (specially at Dale Shaw)

See you for the next problem.
:-)