[j-nsp] SRX OSPF routing issue with 2 SPs

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Tue Jul 19 10:46:39 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a routing configuration issue.  I
have the following physical configuration:

       Backbone Router
	/	\
VLAN 416|	| VLAN 417
	L2 Switch
	    || VLAN 416 & 417
	SRX3400 Cluster

The backbone router & the L2 switch has 2 WAN connections (VLAN 416 &
417) from 2 SPs.  The VLANs are trunked over a LAG connection from the
L2 switch to the SRX3400 cluster.  OSPF is being run in a stub area
between the backbone router & the SRXs.  The backbone router does not
support BFD.

My problem is, if one of the 2 WAN connections between the Backbone
router & the L2 switch goes down, how do I prevent the SRX from still
sending traffic on both of the 2 VLAN connections?  OSPF on the SRX
knows that the neighbor has gone down.  I think I should be able to do
this via the routing table, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

	-John

--