[j-nsp] SRX OSPF routing issue with 2 SPs

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Tue Jul 19 11:09:04 EDT 2011

I export the wan route into ospf. Then if the wan connection goes down, the route is removed from the ospf export.
This will increase the number of updates, but on a small network the extra cpu required is fairly minimal.

The trick is getting the route removed. I usually have a dynamic protocol like bgp for the wan links.
For a static connection, you could use the equivalent of netscreen ip monitoring on the SRX. (Which I think is there now, but I haven't needed it.)