[j-nsp] JUNOS 10.4R4.5 on an SRX650

Ralph Rye rrye at norgetek.com
Thu Jul 28 17:03:18 EDT 2011

The only issue I have come across is unsupported command/feature causing the config not load, and also preventing the startup of the management daemon.  In the case I worked on it was the link-speed option tied to a RETH interface on a cluster.  It doesn't appear to happen every time.  I tried to reproduce on a SRX 210 cluster and I could get it to fail the same way.

If your SRXs come up and stay in a hold state and if the results of many operation commands result in "error: Could not connect to node0 : No route to host" type of error you are probably experiencing the issue.   JTAC fixed the issue pretty quickly by starting a shell and running the  following commands:

% cd /var/run/db
% mgd -i

Which produced an error about link speed mismatch between the RETH and the GE interface.

He then edited the configuration by deleting the option from the RETH interface and committed.  After a reboot the SRX can back online and became a member of the cluster.

Ralph