[j-nsp] MX80 Opinions

Serge Vautour sergevautour at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 3 12:25:29 EDT 2011

Hello,

Interesting comments. We've just finished a full suite of tests on an MX960 Lab
box running combo DPC (4x10G & 40x1G) and MPC (20x1G and 2x10G MIC) on 10.4R4.
We uncovered a few bugs during the testing. Most notable:

-DPC R-Q ports report passed + dropped traffic under "show int" when using a TCP
with a shaper. "show int queue" has the correct data. Known bug.
-We use a common templates VPLS BUM policer. Normally when it's applied to
sub-interfaces on a port, each sub-interface (VLAN) gets it's own instance and
polices traffic independently. Under MPC cards, all VLANs share the same
instance. JTAC case pending.

Other than that, things seem to be working OK. Thanks for the heads up.

Serge