[j-nsp] CB1 External-A sync shows deviation "unknown"

Fahad Ali Khan fahadandroid at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 22:20:02 EDT 2011

Hi Guyz

I am facing the problem that one of the router M320 is configured with 2
CBs. CB0 Master connected with External Clock for Synchronization and CB1
used to get sync from CB0, as its lock to CB0 (master). But i am seeing
following message under "show chassis synchronization".

show chassis synchronization backup
Clock Synchronization Status :
  Clock module on CB 1
    Current state            : backup
    Current clock state      : locked to master CB
      Selected for           : 50 minutes, 2 seconds
      Selected since         : 2011-02-22 04:02:23 EST
    Configured sources
      Source      Priority   Deviation    Last deviation   Status
                             (in ppm)     (in ppm)
      external-a  primary    *unknown      unknown*          *loss of signal*

I didnt find any documentation mentioning Deviation = unknown.

Any advice.

/Andi