[j-nsp] Ipv6 over Aggregated Sonet

Mario Andres Rueda Jaimes maeve2009 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:42:53 EDT 2011

Hi All

We are trying to configure IPv6 addressing, between a M20 and M160
running junos 10.4 and 9.6 respectively over aggregated sonet interface,
the main issue is that is-is (V6) adjacency don't comes up, the two Ip
addresses are reachable each other via ICMP, but the neighbor doesn't.
Instead,  ipv4 is-is runs ok.

I think that the problem is that  Agreggate Sonnet interfaces doesn't
have any  mac-address associated by default. The official documentation
I've been read says that no problem is  espected activating ipv6 over
aggregated sonnet interfaces

 Anybody has any kind of suggestions about this case ?

Thanks

Mario Rueda