[j-nsp] difference between "halt" and "power-off"

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 05:13:04 EDT 2011

I tested with M20 as well and in case of "request system halt" the
machine went to:

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.

..state and once I pressed any key on keyboard, the machine booted up:

Rebooting...

Then I tried with "request system power-off" and machine went to:

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.

..state just like in case of "request system halt". In other words it
really looks that on M series the "request system halt" and "request
system power-off" have no difference.

Sebastian,
in case one executes "request system power-off" under MX platform,
then physical power-cycle is needed for the router in order to boot it
up again?

regards,
martin