[j-nsp] New J-net publications: Secure the routing engine and Useful tips/tricks

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Tue Jun 21 20:01:17 EDT 2011

Hey all, Please pardon the wide distribution. I recall seeing postings on this list regarding current best practices for securing Juniper Networks Routing Engines via firewall filters.

If interested I suggest you check out the newest addition to the "day 1" series of e-books titled "Securing the Routing Engine on M, MX, and T series Routers", By Doug Hanks, available for download at the link below.

While there I suggest you also snag the new "tips techniques, and templates" book.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/fundamentals-series/securing-routing-engine/

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/training-certification/day-one/fundamentals-series/junos-tips-techniques/

Disclaimer: I participated as a technical editor in the tricks and technique book. Don't let the day 1 title throw you off. I believe there are many useful things to be learned by just about everyone, somewhere in this little book's power-packed pages.

Perhaps the "day 1" bit signifies a collection of things you wish you had *known* from day 1. ;) I know I'm using "show | match <foo> | display set" all the time now. ;)

Regards

Harry