[j-nsp] BGP MTU Mismatch

Ido Szargel ido at oasis-tech.net
Wed Jun 22 04:50:21 EDT 2011

Hi Keegan,

What is most likely to happen is that the session established since those are small packets, then the routers try to send the route messages which are large in case you are sharing full routing table, those messages do not arrive to the other side because of the MTU mismatch, thus causing the keepalive messages to be delayed as well, then when the dead interval kicks in the session flaps.
PMTU under the BGP group/neighbor should normally be enough to solve it.

Regards,
Ido.