[j-nsp] BGP MTU Mismatch

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:54:43 EDT 2011

PMTU relies on someone in the path telling you what the MTU is.
And there is no way to check if this someone is telling the truth :-(
I saw this in complex environments such as BGP over GRE over IPSec tunnel.
In this case, the sp-* interface carrying GRE tunnel has to have
mtu-discovery itself enabled.
Otherwise it will assume 9192 bytes.
Cheers
Alex