[j-nsp] How does multihop eBGP work?

Brian Raaen juniper-nsp at rhemasound.org
Fri Jun 24 12:48:41 EDT 2011

Mike,
	While your router will use BGP to determine its next hop destination, if that next hop is no directly reachable over l2 it will use whatever route it uses for that destination. Which as soon as you hand it off to the first router it will determine the patch after that, unless you use gre tunnels or some other type of tunneling environment.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architect
braaen at zcorum.com