[j-nsp] SRX vs J-Series for HA over Layer2

Pierre-Yves Maunier j-nsp at maunier.org
Mon Mar 7 12:42:44 EST 2011

Hello all,

I've been able to setup HA between two J2320 having the control and fabric
link in two separate vlans over EX switches and it works fine. It's even
told in the documentation :  "Define the interfaces used for the FAB
connection. These interfaces must be connected back to back, or through a
Layer 2 infrastructure, as shown in Figure 2".

I tried to do the same with a pair of SRX-240 without any success (tested in
10.3R2.11 and 10.3R3.7). The interfaces must be connected back-to-back.

Anybody already succeded in doing control/fabric link over a layer 2
infrastructure with SRX hardware ? How did you do it ?

Thanks.

Regards,

--
Pierre-Yves Maunier