[j-nsp] Difference between M320 and T320

cristian.frizziero at iquall.net cristian.frizziero at iquall.net
Tue Mar 8 09:09:00 EST 2011

Hi Jose,

M320 is the first M-Series router to be built with the same architecture
of a T-Serie router. About the desing details I have no way to give you
more info, but foundamentally, it has a switch fabric made with 6 SIBs,
the forwarding plane is based on I-Chip engine-lookup.

Really I think that T320 and M320 are veeery similar. T320 doesn´t allow
the use with TX-Matrix, as T640 and T1600, so no difference from that side
neither.

May be the point is about the maximums about logical-interfaces,
instances, sessions, etc etc because T-Series is more oriented to core
applications, and M-Series are Edge-Service routers, no matter the
throughput.

I hope somebody let here some more info, I'm interested in know this, too.

Cristian