[j-nsp] Difference between M320 and T320

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Mar 10 00:31:03 EST 2011

On Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:09:00 pm
cristian.frizziero at iquall.net wrote:

> May be the point is about the maximums about
> logical-interfaces, instances, sessions, etc etc because
> T-Series is more oriented to core applications, and
> M-Series are Edge-Service routers, no matter the
> throughput.

One difference I know is that the T320 has different 'hash-
key' support for 'family multiservice' support when compared
to the M320, i.e., the M320 gives you more capability.

Apart from that, and the lack of AC PSU's, it's not that
different from the M320, although I'd probably never
consider buying either of them and just take an MX for
Ethernet and a Cisco ASR for non-Ethernet.

Cheers,

Mark.