[j-nsp] Difference between M320 and T320

Matthew Tighe matthew.e.tighe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:11:21 EST 2011

As other have mentioned, port density due to the form factor is the biggest
functional difference (if you're using Type 3's there is no difference).

The Type 1 PIC's that are supported can be found here:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/pic-t320-fpc-compat.html#jd0e25
<http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/pic-t320-fpc-compat.html#jd0e25>
Many PICs are interchangeable between the T and M series as well (the FPCs
are not). This offers some investment protection if you choose to upgrade
later. Here is a list:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000253-en.pdf