[j-nsp] 10.0 or 10.4?

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue Mar 15 04:13:53 EDT 2011

I know the subject of JunOS versions has been beaten to death, but I've
never seen this specific question asked or answered.  I'm trying to decide
between 10.0 or 10.4 for a network of MX, M (10i, 120 and 40e) and J series
routers.  I'd like to choose a train with extended support.  I'm trying to
decide between the risk of undiscovered bugs in 10.4 and having to upgrade
sooner when 10.0 goes EOS.  We run L3VPN, with some L2VPN and a shrinking
VPLS footprint.  Most of the M's and MX's have a full table with some acting
as regional route reflectors.  Just wanted to get the general opinion of
those running similar applications.