[j-nsp] 10.0 or 10.4?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 06:56:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Bjørn Tore <bt at paulen.net> wrote:
> Den 15.03.2011 09:43, skrev Chris Kawchuk:
>>
>> I'd like to standardize all the other devices in my network to 10.4; once
>> the "suggest JTAC releases" goes past 10.2R3 for things like SRX platforms.
>
> Second that. We tried 10.4R2.7 on SRX. I guess Juniper didn't think anybody
> still were using DHCP relay and stuff..

Ouch.

I'm pinning some (but not all) hopes on 10.4R3. I'm told it's due to
be released on the 21st of this month.

10.4 is also significant for us as it's the release undergoing Common
Criteria evaluation (for J, SRX and LN1000-V) in Canada. It's the
release train we'll be allowed to operate in (Australian) Government
networks once certified locally.

For our EX fleet (which aren't subject to the same Government
guidelines/recommendations as they don't do crypto), I'm eagerly
awaiting 10.4 to be stable as like Chris said, running EEOL code is
nice.

Cheers,
Dale