[j-nsp] SFPs in MX.

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Fri Mar 18 15:40:14 EDT 2011

On 3/18/2011 12:02 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> What does:
>
> show chassis pic fpc-slot 0 pic-slot 0

 > show chassis pic fpc-slot 0 pic-slot 0

FPC slot 0, PIC slot 0 information:
   Type                             10x 1GE(LAN) SFP
   State                            Online
   PIC version                 2.22
   Uptime                         4 hours, 58 minutes, 49 seconds

PIC port information:
                           Fiber                    Xcvr vendor
   Port  Cable type        type  Xcvr vendor        part number       Wavelength
   0     GIGE 1000LX10     SM    MRV COMM, INC.     SFP-GD-LX         1310 nm
   1     GIGE 1000SX       MM    MRV                SFP-DGD-SX        850 nm
   2     GIGE 1000T        n/a   MRV                SFP-GA-R          n/a
   3     GIGE 1000T        n/a   MRV                SFP-GA-R          n/a

The uptime is not a good sign as I upgraded this box and rebooted both RE's:

System booted: 2011-03-17 13:31:12 PDT (22:54:34 ago)

Going through the messages log it appears an CHASSISD_SNMP_TRAP10: FRU Power-On
is being generated then a whole lot of messages that looks like a whack of
processes are restarting.

Can't go into production like this.

Thanks,
Keith