[j-nsp] QinQ & port mode access

Mohammad Salbad salbad1981 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:06:37 EDT 2011

Hi All

As per the dot1q tunneling standard the interface facing the customer device
should be in access mode, but I'm wondering if there is any work around that
I can do to overcome this. i.e. to configure the port facing the customer
device in trunk mode and still have the Q in Q functioning.

The issue is I have EX4200 switch that is connected to wireless device and
this wireless device connecting multiple customers in appoint to multipoint
setup, and I'm segregating between customers using dot1q vlan tagging, so if
I have a customer who wants to carry multiple vlans between his sites then I
can't configure the port that is facing the wireless device to port mode
access because all other customers will be down.

Thank you

Mohammad Salbad