[j-nsp] JUNOS major releases - differences between revisions

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:49:27 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I feel like a bit of a newbie asking this (and, relatively speaking, I
am!) because it feels like something that should be fairly
straight-forward. And maybe it is.

Q: Is there a way to determine what has changed between two revisions
of a major JUNOS release?

For argument's sake, how do I find out precisely what changed between
10.4R3 and 10.4R4?

The release notes for 10.4 don't spell it out very clearly. I suppose
I could look just at the outstanding and resolved issues sections of
the release notes but I'm not even sure how I can go back and look at
the 10.4 release notes at the time the previous revision was released.
A 'single' 10.4 release note exists and is simply revised when a new
revision to the major release goes out.

I know (in theory) there shouldn't be any new features between
revisions -- just bug fixes. I'm more familiar navigating cisco IOS
release notes where, even between maintenance releases, it's made
fairly clear what has changed.

Cheers,
Dale