[j-nsp] netflow sampling problem in 10.2

Matjaž Straus Istenič juniper at arnes.si
Thu May 19 14:05:43 EDT 2011

Hi Chris,

On 19.5.2011, at 16:30, Chris Tracy wrote:

> Hi Matjaž,
>
> Are you doing RE-based sampling, or using an MS-DPC?  Can you post a sanitized version of your config?

It is RE-based. We don't have a $MS-DPC :-(
The config is very simple and it worked for us in 9.6. In firewall filters we use terms like that:

term Sample {
    then {
        count cntrS_Sample;
        sample;
        next term;
    }
}
(all these filters are ingress/input)

...and we sample with:

[ forwarding-options sampling ]
input {
    rate 256;
    run-length 0;
    max-packets-per-second 8000;
}
family inet {
    output {
        flow-active-timeout 300;
        flow-server *** {
            port ***;
            autonomous-system-type peer;
            no-local-dump;
            source-address x.y.z.w;
            version 5;
        }
    }
}

>  You might want to look at some of the previous posts to the list on this topic, such as:
>
>   https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2010-July/017293.html
>
> This thread was specific to NetFlow v9 using an MS-DPC though...
>
> -Chris

Kind regards,
	Matjaž