[j-nsp] netflow sampling problem in 10.2

Matjaž Straus Istenič juniper at arnes.si
Thu May 19 16:09:16 EDT 2011

On 19.5.2011, at 21:45, Chris Tracy wrote:

>>> I'd try changing this to:
>>>
>>> [ remove family inet {...}, put directly under sampling { ... } ]
>>
>> Thank you for the hint,
>> but this is the old style from pre-IPv6 era ;-) I thought the "cflowd ..." has been forgotten by now.
>

> Not like it will matter anyways with v5 RE-based sampling.  :-)
Yes, you're right :-) But it is more clear that way. Unfortunately, I can not configure "family inet6 output ... version 9..." in a similar manner.

> I just went through some of my notes.  9.6 introduced a whole bunch of changes with the way sampling is configured, especially with v9 using an MS-DPC.  I had forgotten about the change from cflowd to flow-server.
>
> You are not seeing "## Warning: 'output' is deprecated" when you show the config, are you?
No, not now with the "flow-server" style ;-). I still remember the diff:

> + version 9.6R3.8;
> -         output {
> +         output { ## Warning: 'output' is deprecated
> -             cflowd x.y.z.w {
> +             flow-server x.y.z.w {

...when we moved to 9.6 more than a year ago. Families were introduced even before that.

> -Chris
>
> --
> Chris Tracy <ctracy at es.net>
> Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)