[j-nsp] VPLS Flooding Issue

A. Tash atashayod at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 17:35:41 EDT 2011

Folks,
Does anyone come across a solution  to resolve the VPLS Flooding issue?

I’m using P2MP LSPs and IGMP  Snooping on all VPLS interfaces and routing
instances and I’m still getting  multicast flooding on multi-point VPLS
circuits.

An example is a 3-point VPLS  network. Point “A” is the source of the multicast
and points “B” and “C” are the  receivers of the multicast. If “B” sends a Join
request, A will forward the  traffic to both “B” and “C”, even if “C” has not
requested to join.

This behavior is causing a lot of  waste on the bandwidth and security issues,
especially if “A”, “B” and “C” are  internationally dispersed.

Any idea is  appreciated.
Thanks…Alex