[j-nsp] TCAM full on EX8200? - Update!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Nov 6 00:42:32 EDT 2011

Sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I just remembered
that Cisco put out a so-called "Label Switch Processor".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5763/data_sheet_c78-659947.html

The LSP (Cisco may have intended for the pun) is "optimized"
for CRS routers being run as pure label switch routers.

We're buying the FP-40's and FP-140's which have a mix of IP
and MPLS capabilities, so I haven't really tested the new
LSP-140 to know how it stacks up in all scenarios,
particularly if the CRS would be performing PHP for some or
all FEC's.

Cisco are certainly thinking about this, but perhaps not
from a full chassis perspective like Juniper's PTX.

Cheers,

Mark.