[j-nsp] MX5-T-DC vs MX80-5G-DC-B

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Nov 18 16:12:58 EST 2011

There are bundles and then there are "base units".  The bundles typically
include the MIC-3D-20GE-SFP - there were no MIC's that I'm aware of that
weren't 3D ... definitely not on the MX80 platform.  Yes, MX5 is modular....
it's physically the same as an MX80 box, just with software based
restrictions in place (which unless it's changed are honor system based
still) as noted by "4x10G fixed ports and 1x front empty MIC slot
restricted" .. restricted = not usable without software upgrade.

Paul