[j-nsp] BGP routes processing

biwa net biwa2go at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 14:29:31 EST 2011

hi

we added in our network a new mx960, with EBGP peering on it

We receive full routing table ,

when I do "show route receive-protocol bgp x.x.x.x> it took around 2-3 min
for the 380k to be downloaded, which is ok .

But It seems that it took around 20min to be able to reach any bgp
destination from that BGP full routing table I received, although when I do
"show rould see the BGP routete ..."I cou .

MY thinking is that it took 2-3 min for the full routing to be installed in
the RIB-IN, however 20min to be process through the RIB-Loc and then the
RIB-out to be installed in the PFE.

I don't think it is normal for a  device like a MX960 to take that long to
process and install the routes in the Forwarding Engine

Can anyone advise, how I can see (what commands, output, ...) how long it
takes for the MX960 to process the BGP routes from the RIB-IN to Rib-LOC,
and how long it takes from the RIB-LOc to the RIB-OUT ie:PFE ?